CTRM Application Support is often very narrowly defined and is usually not customer-focused. According to IEEE application support is “the process of modifying an application or its component after delivery to correct faults, improve performances or other attributes, or adapt to a change environment.” The definition itself showcases application support as a post-production Go-Live task and includes activities that keep the application operational i.e. fixing bugs and mistakes as well as continually evolving it to meet the businesses needs.. Here are best the practices to effectively and efficiently support a CTRM Application.
Pre Go Live Activities
- Planning for post Go-Live operations – Planning an application support strategy help ensures that the service provider is prepared to manage the cost and risks associated with initiating any new service.
- Operational Supportability – Designing and development of new or changed services for introduction into the Production Environment. Defining the operational supportability helps in organizing the resources that will be required during the application support without any disruptions.
- Logistics determination – Determines the physical assets to successfully implement the application support process – Infrastructure and Architecture.
Post Go Live Activities
- Application Modifications – Modifying and transiting new or changed services into the Production Environment. Also ensures the readiness of the service provider to provide any modifications required in the CTRM application post Go-Live.
- User Manuals and Trainings – User Manuals & Run Books to be provide to the end users along with proper trainings on the new functionality introduced in the CTRM Application.
- Operating a Help Desk – Setting up a dedicated Help Desk to perform the day –to-day operations of the process It is also where the performance metrics for the service are gathered and reported and value is realized.
- Testing and Quality Assurance – Performing Regression Test before deployment of the fixes in the Production Environment and to ensure that it does not disrupt the existing functions in the live system. Quality of the application to be measured closely with defect metrics.
- Technical Assistance – Different technical support levels to be defined on the basis of the nature and criticality of the issue raised by the end user along with the SLA agreed upon with the client to provide the resolution on time.
CTRM Application Support requires a well-managed approach to maximize efficiency and effectiveness and help your system run smoothly. Failure to provide managed application support can easily lead to failure of confidence in the overall CTRM Application.
We at Value Creed have identified CTRM Application Support as a needing a complete, holistic approach rather than a being viewed as just a ‘bug fixing’ task. The Value Creed approach to managed services which provides comprehensive 24 hour support and diagnostics of your operating environment, our outsourced application support to enhance and augment your internal team and our Run Smart™ SLA to guarantee an industry leading level of commitment and response ensure that your ongoing support fulfills your needs and allows you to achieve the confidence in the system that you set out for from the beginning.
To know more on how Value Creed can build an optimal CTRM Application Support system for your organization, partner with us today.